Sunday, January 13, 2013

Sunday's Small Things- Wk 2

I am a wanna be foodie.
A large part of my childhood memories revolve around meals and food. My 2 small treats this week that I'm so happy for are: Trader Joe's Almond Butter and Abita Beer's Purple Haze.

Peanut butter is a big fave in our house and in my parent's. We ate it, and still eat it by the jar. Slather it on an inch thick on sandwiches, donuts, waffles, fruit, ANYTHING! This week I took a leap and tried Almond Butter.

Trader Joe's Creamy Unsalted to be specific and it is AMAZING. I've been gobbiling it up on English Muffins all week. Creamy with a little nutty grit, it melts into the nooks and crannies of a muffin.

http://www.traderjoes.com/









I am not a big beer girl. Yet, my love for New Orleans and fruity drinks drew me to Abita Purple Haze. I first saw it in Everyday with Rachel Ray Magazine and had a heck of a time finding it locally. It is a sweet satisfying drink. Abita is EVERYWHERE in NOLA. It tastes more like fruit than beer and instantly transports me to the streets of the French Quarter.

I pick it up locally at Oliver's Beverage Center http://www.brew-crew.com/ .

These 2 taste bud vacations brought a smile to my face this week- what made you smile?

Sunday's Small Things is a weekly feature begun by Pugnacious Vegetarian.





1 comment:

The Pugnacious Vegetarian said...

I have had another beer by them, but I will have to try this kind!