Monday, October 5, 2009

Button Button- How To

I recently decided to try my hand at button making- as advertised I'm hooked! One of my favorite supply stops Three Dancing Magpie's had everything I needed so I said what the heck!

First you need the cover button tool, the button parts, and some fabric (or wide ribbon). I also made a template for how much fabric I needed for super speedy cutting.


Next put your fabric in the white part and slide in the top

I trimmed a bunch off the top after just be careful you don't trim too close.

Slide in your back piece folding in your ends of the fabric. Put your pusher on top and well push.


Pop out your new button! To turn it into a hair tie keep going!
Take a hair tie and slide it in the button wire.


Slide the hair tie through the hair tie so you get a knot


Continue until your little heart's desire :)


Be Warned you will make 50 without thinking about it!

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Super cute! It is easy to make 50 before you know it!