Tuesday, June 2, 2009

BACON!

Now that I have your attention- do you need a quick appetizer that's cheap too?

Bacon wrapped pineapple to the rescue!
Canned Chunked Pineapple
Package of Bacon
Sweet and Sour Sauce
and or Sweet and Sour Duck Sauce
Toothpicks
Disposable pan (optional but when you are cleaning up you will thank me!)

Cut the bacon strips into 3 or 4 pieces (I do it as I go)
Wrap them around a chunk of pineapple

Stick a toothpick through it and put it in your pan

Keep going till you run out of pineapple and or bacon
Pour Sweet and Sour Sauce or a combo of sweet and sour and sweet and sour duck sauce over the top.

Bake at 350 for 25 minutes
Broil for approx 10 (keep an eye on them you don't want them to burn)

When the bacon is crispy on top you are done! (the toothpicks will blacken a bit- there is nothing you can do to stop it, just go with it).



ENJOY! You are now the hero of the party for bringing these :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

that sounds delicious! I went to a dinner party once where someone made bacon-wrapped water chestnuts and it was the most delicious thing EVER, but I haven't been able to find s good recipe...this seems much easier, and just as tasty!

LittleGemsbyKari said...

I've done this with water chestnuts too :) same process :)

Zebtron said...

Um, do you know how hungry you just made me!? Looks delicious!