Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Yum- O my Twist on a Rachel Ray Recipe



I heart Rachel Ray, she is as sweet in person as she is on TV. Her recipes are fairly fast and I know she doesn't mind that I play around with them :)

This was originally http://www.rachaelraymag.com/recipes/chicken-turkey-recipes/chicken-salsa-verde-bake/article.html a chicken salsa verde bake.

Here is my twist on it- it is REALLY easy and ADDICTING! The husband calls it:

ATOMIC CHICKEN (but it isn't that spicy)

1 medium onion chopped

2 lb skinless boneless chicken tenders sauted in a pain with Adobo and shredded

1 jar Salsa Verde

1 1/2 cups Low Fat Sour Cream

1 cup frozen corn

8 oz bag of shredded cheese/ or a couple cups of grated (extra sharp is excellent but mexican mix is very good too)

1 can of kidney beans drained

1 bag of multigrain tortilla chips

Mix everything but the chips and 1 cup of shredded cheese and put it in a baking dish. Top with the rest of the cheese. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 or until the top is brown and bubbily.

Serve with chips either crumbled on top after scooped into a plate(how the fella does it) or use them to scoop (how i do it).

How Rach and I differ on this one- I added a veggie! I LOVE leftovers and the possibility of soggy chips in the casserole didn't do it for me, everything i cook has adobo in it (well almost), and I put in more cheese and sour cream (it isn't as spicy).

ENJOY!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ok, with 2 hours to go until my lunch break, you have officially made me drool on my desk. That looks/sounds AMAZING!